Release Note for Calibration Set v16
This new calibration set 16 incorporates two changes to spectroscopy calibration:
- spatial calibration of chopped spectroscopy observations with large chopper throw
Pixel coordinates in chopped spectroscopy with large chopper throw showed an offset of
about 1.5 arcsec in the blue array between nod A and nod B. This has been corrected.
- wavelength calibration of spectroscopy in band B2B
The changes affect only order 2 B2B and in this order mainly the range between 86-102 micron.
The main change is seen for the OIII line and eventual lines longwards of it.
The pixel to pixel alignment is improved but the absolute calibration has not changed at all.
Affected observations & processing
spatial calibration: chopped spectroscopy observations with large chopper throw
wavelength calibration: spectroscopy observations in band B2B
Updated calibration products
The following calibration products have been updated:
First internal release 28 February 2011.
ICC Specific Information
- See PACS-3451: Wrong coordinates in Spectrometer results
- See PACS-3459: Improvements in wavelength calibration scatter for spectral pixels in band B2B
- See PACS-3454: Request of updating the Spec spatial calibration file with V9 for the RC4